- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil or canola oil
- eight ounces Canadian-style bacon
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- four cups arugula, powerful ends trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- four massive eggs
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/three cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Warmth oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add bacon and cook dinner till browned and barely crispy, about three minutes per facet. Take away from pan and let cool earlier than chopping.
- Set asparagus on a chopping board. Maintain the tip of the asparagus and run a straight-blade vegetable peeler from the tip to the underside to slice it into ribbons.
- Scatter arugula on serving plates and prime with asparagus ribbons, chopped bacon, cherry tomatoes and sunflower seeds. Whisk collectively olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, shallot and black pepper. Drizzle over salad.
- To poach eggs, practically fill a big skillet with water and add vinegar. Break eggs into 4 separate teacups or small bowls. Convey water to a boil over excessive warmth. When the water has come to a boil, slide the pan off the warmth and gently tip eggs into the pan. Cowl pan tightly and let sit 4 minutes, or till whites are set. Utilizing a slotted spoon, rigorously take away poached eggs from water and place on prime of salad. To poach eggs individually within the microwave, place ½ cup water and ¼ teaspoon white vinegar in a small microwave-safe small bowl. Fastidiously crack egg into water, cowl bowl and microwave on excessive for one minute, or till whites are set and opaque however yolks are nonetheless runny. If wanted, proceed microwaving in 10-second spurts till performed.
- Garnish salad with Parmesan cheese and chives.
Diet info (per serving): energy 301, complete fats 20 g, saturated fats four g, trans fats zero g, sodium 305 mg, carbs 14 g, fiber three g, sugar 1 g, protein 25 g
Tip: For ease of shaving, use fatter asparagus spears versus the pencil-thin ones.